For this post
* Track Set = one or more tracks saved as a group. If you turn your GPS on and off 8 times before your active log fills up, you have a Track Set of 8 individual tracks saved in one Track Log
* Track Log = a memory position that stores Track Sets. Read only. Usually saved from the Active Track, although you can 'push' a track set into a track log with a software program.
* Active Track = the track log that records tracks when the GPS is on.
- You absolutely can not download individual tracks within a Track Log or the Active Track. There's no way to select individual tracks. While you could write an algorighm to download the log, look for starts and stops, and then only save the one you wanted, I've never seen any gps/software combo that could do that.
- You can, with some GPSr/Software combinations, download track sets from GPSr memory. This is complicated as the way the names are displayed on screen may be alphabetical or in order saved, not necessarily in the order they exist in GPS memory.
That's been my experience.
Please REPLY to a message; quoting for no reason only clutters up your message. (Or quote only the part that applies.)