Moderator: Moderator Team
WestportRiver wrote:I currently use XMAP 6 Pro and a PN-40 for forestry and natural resources assessment work, plus some freeware GIS that uses shapefiles (fGIS). I am considering upgrading to XMAP Editor or another program. I would like to hear from XMAP Editor users on how they have been satisfied with the product. Comments on any or all of the following would be helpful, or simply your take on pros and cons.
1. Does Editor work well with GIS layers downloaded from public GIS servers (e.g. countours, water bodies, wetlands, and other data commonly available on state GIS websites)?
2. Do you have any trouble interchanging data with users of ESRI products (import and export), and if so is this a major limitation?
3. I have found that XMAP Pro the maps can only be saved in low resolution (PDF or JPG). Does Editor have a higher resolution map save option for creating crisp, professional quality maps?
4. Are dates available for the donwloaded aerial imagery (they are not for TOPO USA and XMAP Pro)?
5. Can the database files associated with polygons be exported in a format that can be opended in Excel?
6. In general, for professional uses such as forestry or natural resources assessment of properties ranging from 50 acres to a few thoudsand acres, is this an acceptable alternative to ArcMap?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest