Firmware version 2.7 includes the following updates for XMap 7.0 users:
• Added support for forms created with XMap Forms in XMap 7. See XMap Forms for more information about forms.
• Added support for editing form data and re-classifying data. Forms must be created with edit permissions to edit/classify on the device.
• Added ability to work with GPX files on an SD card. Point layers can be sent to the PN-40, with or without an associated form, using XMap 7’s “Send to PN-Series Device” option. This places the layer, saved to a GPX file, on the SD card. When a GPX file is opened, its contents are transferred to the PN-40’s internal memory. Data can be edited and new points can be created. These changes can then be saved back to the SD card for merging into the originating layer in XMap 7.
• Added ability to copy a saved track to an SD card as a GPX file.
• GIS layers saved to the PN-40 from the Handheld Export tab now display as unique layers within Map Setup > Data Layering. This allows each GIS layer to be individually enabled or disabled.
• Added a Layer Details menu option to Data Layering. This allows you to determine the database and server from which each GIS layer originated.Click Here to download the Earthmate PN-Series PN Pro Firmware Update
1. Download and Save the update to your Desktop
2. Connect your Earthmate PN-Series device through USB to your PC and turn it on
3. Menu...Device Setup...Connect to Computer
4. Change the USB Setting to Firmware Transfer
5. Double-click the Firmware Update from your Desktop
6. Follow the instructions provided in the setup
7. When the setup is complete, press Enter on the device to Restart
8. When the firmware update is complete, your PN-Series device will be ready to receive GPX files and FormsPN-Series Pro Getting Started Guide
That which doesn't kill me makes me want more coffee.