I'm not sure if this is related to the "preferred routing" discussion here or not, but I did find something strange happening on I-20 eastbound . . .
- With Limited Access Route Prefs set to Standard, create a Route using the following . . .
- Place Start on I-20 eastbound anywhere between Dallas and the onramp at exit 556 (i.e. anywhere before N32.468336, W95.384226)
- Place the Finish, also on I-20 eastbound, anywhere between exits 560 & 562 (I used a point at N32.455654, W95.300863)
- Zoom in to the segment near exits 560 & 562, note that the Route follows the interstate, just like you'd expect it to
- Set Limited Access to Preferred and allow it to recalculate
- Click attachment below to see whole graphic with no scroll bars
Using "Preferred," the Route actually goes over top the Finish point, gets off the next offramp, double-backs on westbound, gets back on
eastbound, and ends at the Finish that it had previously passed over
One odd thing, and the reason I said I wasn't sure if this is related to the topic discussed here, is that if you move the Finish east of exit 562 then it doesn't act strange..